Sunday, July 1, 2007

Lifelong Learning Habits - Week 1, Number 2

Everyone in the family (my husband and three grown kids and one grown kid's wife) has a blog, so I'm finally signing up, learning something new. . .which is just what this post is supposed to be about: learning new things throughout life.

I'm usually eager to learn new things. Right now I'm learning how to run an entire little library, and it's overwhelming. But the excitement of growing in my profession is worth the angst I feel when I'm not sure if I'm doing something right.

Most of the 7 1/2 habits seem comfortable, although I occasionally have to encourage myself to have confidence in my learning abilities. The other habit that could use strengthening is using technology to advantage. It's easier to do something the way I've always done it than to admit I could improve and ask for new ideas.

So, welcome to me -- to my own blog.

1 comment:

Thrushsong said...

Well here's another old guy that wouldn't trade letters and stamps for email or film cameras for digital. I love to be able to read and see what my children are doing on three continents in near real-time. My next goal is skype.